12V battery in 2016 Kia Soul EV keeps dying

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replaced the 12V on my 2018 last winter because I didn't want my wife to deal with a dead battery. I think anything over 5 years is iffy.

So, yes, replace it ASAP. Our EV's take a regular gas Soul battery and it's an easy job.

Hi All,

I was out of town for 2 weeks and the 2106 Soul EV was in the garage, doors unlocked, windows open. Upon return the 12v was dead. Not even the interior LED lights would come on, no dash lights, no unlocking. I measured the voltage on the 12V battery and it was about 3 volts. I boosted the car and left it turned on in park for 2.5 hours to recharge the 12v battery. It then registered as 12.83 volts. Big battery was around 67%. After about 12 hours it read 12.75 volts.

The car has about 44K - Km's and its the original 8 year old battery. I did a similar 2 weeks trip in Oct 2023 and car was fine upon return.

Living on borrowed time?

Cheers!
Terry
You might check for an added GPS tracker under the dash, On several YT videos this is the cause of the 12VDC battery drain, now days a 12VDC battery will not last 5 years.

Back