Anyone try a CCS to Chademo adapter

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to the EV show in Phoenix last month and sat in a bunch of cars. We signed up to drive the Volvo, but it didn't feel like it fit after viewing the display cars and cancelled. Drawn mostly to the EV9. Was hoping to see the Rivian, but they were a no show. Many in the parking lot though.

I wonder how many adaptors I could have sold given our lack of Chademo stations.

I have seen a bunch of tesla stations opened fairly close to us but unsure what's up with them laying off their team. That was another 'give pause' for the adaptor, but CCS will likely be around for years.

Our initial stations are Electrify America, at several Walmarts & Fry's Food, but EVGo has been building like crazy both here and in Tucson. New stations are only CCS, like a new one 2 miles from the house. But if we could make it there, we could 32a Lvl2 charge at the house.

ADOT does have plans for stations along barren interstates, but only CCS so it would help if we wanted a day trip somewhere.
Has the federal restriction against commercial activities at Interstate Highway Rest Areas been lifted? That would allow for public asset charging stations along federal highways.

Has the federal restriction against commercial activities at Interstate Highway Rest Areas been lifted? That would allow for public asset charging stations along federal highways.
That feels like a weird regulation. But I get why… aren’t vending machines at rest stops commercial activity? You would think those would have been banned but EV charging is electricity vending essentially 😂

That feels like a weird regulation. But I get why… aren’t vending machines at rest stops commercial activity? You would think those would have been banned but EV charging is electricity vending essentially 😂
I always thought it was a little weird too. We do allow “non-profit” enterprises at rest stops; like local Chamber of Commerce offering coffee and cookies for a donation. A service to the driving public. I strongly believe that publicly owned, solar powered charging stations at interstate rest areas would be a game changer for EV adoption and would help pay for highway maintenance that Americans seem so reluctant to embrace. Let the private sector cover shopping mall parking lots with solar and sell kwh.

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...ommercial-activities-on-interstate-rest-areas

jcaz, as near as I can tell, commercial activities at federal highway (Interstate Highway) rest areas are still heavily restricted. Of course, Arizona officials tend to think that regulations are for everyone else.

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...ommercial-activities-on-interstate-rest-areas

You brought it up:
“ADOT does have plans for stations along barren interstates, but only CCS so it would help if we wanted a day trip somewhere.”

I didn't say anything about reststops, Arizona has only 5 Adot operated reststops in all the state.
There are 10 permanently closed ones, but you can't even pull in to park.

If you google walk I-10 from california, there are exits with 2 truck stops and literally, nothing else,... for miles and miles.

Because of charge times, it makes more sense to install stations with other facilities including food service so you can plan a bite to eat while waiting.

I didn't say anything about reststops, Arizona has only 5 Adot operated reststops in all the state.
There are 10 permanently closed ones, but you can't even pull in to park.

If you google walk I-10 from california, there are exits with 2 truck stops and literally, nothing else,... for miles and miles.

Because of charge times, it makes more sense to install stations with other facilities including food service so you can plan a bite to eat while waiting.
OK. I misunderstood “barren interstates” to mean lacking in “other facilities”. My only visits to AZ are when I get to put my raft in the water at Lee’s Ferry. Y’all can have the rest of the place.

Back