Battery issue with my Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbad

This morning, with about 80% battery remaining, I noticed my estimated range suddenly dropped to 100 miles. The regenerative braking stopped functioning, and the battery level displayed 100%. When I arrived home, the battery was still at 100% and wouldn't charge. I tried doing a full system reboot to see if it would reset anything, but that didn't work. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

My advice:
1. Look for Fault Codes by reading them via OBD-2 scanning. Let's see, if there's any. Clearing the Fault Code can be an approach, but most likely it won't solve the root of your problem.
2. I'm affraid, this is an issue that needs to be checked & fixed by a professionally licensed personnel at Kia.

My guess:
I suppose the SoC level is provided by the BMS. I would start checking with that. In case it shows 100%, the regen.breaking still should work, but only for an extra ~4-5% (which won't be displayed as 103%, but still 100%). After the battery SoC is reached 100% + the 'hidden' +5% is full as well, the BMS should disable regen.breaking, as the energy cannot be stored anymore, so no breaking effect can be acheived.

Please wait for some other replies from other well experienced members, as I'm also new here & only had 1 year exp.with my Soul PS EV.

Anyway: goog luck with it & don't forget to share the revealed details & final solution to your problem with this community.

Back