Car stuck at dealer for 3 months awaiting warranty battery replacement (2017 Soul EV)

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting information. I think a "Good Will" payment is the least they could do.

When the day finally arrives and I have my car back with a new battery I would certainly agree to a voided warranty and a "Good Will" check. I'm not giving them back my car.

I'm not sure how much money it cost you while your car was in the shop, but I know how much its been costing me to have my car sitting at the shop month after month.
As I have written previously, we were without our '17 for 14 weeks, across 7-8 visits to dealerships (we did eventually get a reman E400 pack and that's doing well, even after the SC267 recall, touch wood). I submitted to Kia a summary of the additional expenses incurred - we never succeeded in getting a loaner and there was never a mention of reimbursing a rental - and they came back with a goodwill payment of about $180 - no explanation of how that was calculated, of course. And they have never clarified which specific expenses they might reimburse, of course.

As I have written previously, we were without our '17 for 14 weeks, across 7-8 visits to dealerships (we did eventually get a reman E400 pack and that's doing well, even after the SC267 recall, touch wood). I submitted to Kia a summary of the additional expenses incurred - we never succeeded in getting a loaner and there was never a mention of reimbursing a rental - and they came back with a goodwill payment of about $180 - no explanation of how that was calculated, of course. And they have never clarified which specific expenses they might reimburse, of course.
I really have to quit coming to this forum, it just breaks my spirit. Remember to claim that 180 buck as income so you can pay taxes on it. What a circus.

I really have to quit coming to this forum, it just breaks my spirit. Remember to claim that 180 buck as income so you can pay taxes on it. What a circus.
They really are a most unpleasant company to deal with; they aren't familiar with 'do the right thing', for sure. They are even being difficult about getting a transcript of the original case I opened (and they closed unilaterally).

My wife just received an email from Kia with two options: Vehicle buyback or $3,500. The buyback requires 6 items of paperwork, including the original sales contract from 2017 when she bought it off my 3 year lease. She is going to the dealer today to get a copy of that if they have it.

Car is running fine since the last software update a week ago. Warranty expires in December, and the car will be sold before then one way or another.

That is horrible Rubber Toe! Did they say what the buy back price is? What a sad end to a car I loved. We all deserve better!

That is horrible Rubber Toe! Did they say what the buy back price is? What a sad end to a car I loved. We all deserve better!
Not horrible really... I'll let you know what the buyback offer is when we get it. The $3,500 would just be free money, and we could then sell the car to Carvana or whomever after we get the $3,500. So if the buyback offer is > ($3,500 + Carvana), we probably take the buyback.

Car has been at the dealership since 21st of November 2023 with the high voltage battery recall notice letter.

Breaks my heart that we are being treated this way, is anyone in communication with Linda ? Around Christmas we were tracking a new battery from Korea to California to customs and to the dealership in Eastern Tennessee (Battery and Linda disappeared in customs)

Would love to know what happened to the battery, she said she was in charge of ordering the EV batteries.

Some of you are just starting this process, I have tried everything suggested but it all has backfired on me and the wife. Put in many hours of time and money just to be royally ignored.

Only have 20,000 miles on the odometer and they are messing with the BMS to attempt to make to car run again.

Last edited:
Back