Charge station wouldn't stop

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time experiencing this, the charge station wouldn't stop. Tried stopping from the app, it said stopping charge, but then was charging again. Same with the screen at the machine (which we couldn't see in the bright sunlight until we really shaded the screen).

And speaking of screen at the machine, what is it with every bit of these screens being all scratched up?

Anyway, we leave the house with about 50 miles range and there's no charging where we're headed and so hit the local chademo. 4 charge stations (all 4 have ccs/chademo) with 4 cars and 1 waiting. #4 car leaves, waiting car goes in. I notice #2 keeps getting out of his car, pulling/inserting the plug, then gets back into his car. Never a good sign. #3 is a Leaf and thus a working chademo and our best bet. After 10 minutes or so, #1 comes out from a sandwich shop and stands around outside his car, before getting in. I then realize he's not leaving so we continue to sit. #2 still having no luck. I notice Everyone but the leaf has Nevada plates and suspect if they're traveling together.

#1 finally gets out to unplug and #2 says he's gonna swap spots so we continue to wait. I mean we tried the #2 station, but it was offline. I suspect if we had waited, it was just being rebooted. Finally the leaf leaves and we pull in. Start the charger no issues. I go and grab some drinks and come back to see the wife trying to unplug. Stopping the session would put up the stopping session screen, then resume charging.

Guy in #4 that was waiting when we pulled up said he waited for 30 minutes before we got there and all 4 stations were having issues. So we're upwards of 90% and I'm wondering if it's the car or the station and what happens when the car says enough is enough, will the station stop? Also another soul pulls into #2 and before I could say it's not working, he starts charging. So if we had waited a few minutes,...

Wife calls evgo and is on hold for a solid 5 minutes. Finally they reset the station and we're able to disconnect. These chademos have the modified release button which allows you to pull the button back out if the interlock doesn't release the first time. I still have tools in the car for that issue.

I watch the temp as we leave, it looks elevated, but nothing like 124*F of my other thread. Drive to lunch and back without any issue.

Back