Charger door again

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gday

Back in 2021 I had problems with the charger door not opening and now about 3 years later (and JUST out of warranty!) I am having similar issues. It sometimes does not open and it can can take a while with multiple lock/unlock attempts before it finally opens. Last time the whole unit was replaced at KIA's expense but this time it will be mine if that is the only solution and I know it is very expensive - they replace the whole unit including the door and the high voltage connections. It may be something to do with an electric lock system for the door mechanism and it cannot be replaced on it's own.

Has anyone else had the issue and if so how was it solved? Or did you find a reliable trick to make it open?

I wondered if it would be worth doing a soft reset of the system - has anyone used the "paperclip" method of resetting and what does it affect?

Any assistance would be welcomed!

In my case, I could hear the solenoid operating, but the door did not move. I sprayed the moving parts and the mechanical latching system with a grease aerosol, and followed that with WD40. The WD40 dissolves the grease, and the solution penetrates the nooks and crannies. That was years ago, and the problem has not recurred.

Back in 2021 I had problems with the charger door not opening and now about 3 years later (and JUST out of warranty!) I am having similar issues. It sometimes does not open and it can can take a while with multiple lock/unlock attempts before it finally opens. Last time the whole unit was replaced at KIA's expense but this time it will be mine if that is the only solution and I know it is very expensive - they replace the whole unit including the door and the high voltage connections. It may be something to do with an electric lock system for the door mechanism and it cannot be replaced on it's own.

Has anyone else had the issue and if so how was it solved? Or did you find a reliable trick to make it open?

I wondered if it would be worth doing a soft reset of the system - has anyone used the "paperclip" method of resetting and what does it affect?

Any assistance would be welcomed!
We had similar problems awaiting new solenoid ,we eventually opened it by using the emergency release under the bonnet near the bonnet lock,

Back