Here I am...no car

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP57

Good afternoon. I am the owner of a 2015 EV Soul. Loved the car until my battery stopped charging up to less than 40 miles.... doesn't really get you very far in the Atlanta-area without re-charging....CONSTANTLY. Took the car into the dealer in October, and they have had it ever since. KIia Customer Care has been no help so far, but I am about to escalate. Their last words to me were that they would "reimburse me" for rental, but no loaners. I am just very frustrated. The replacement battery is authorized under warranty, and they told me it would be fully covered, but I am being told the shipment has not arrived. Makes no sense.

Good afternoon. I am the owner of a 2015 EV Soul. Loved the car until my battery stopped charging up to less than 40 miles.... doesn't really get you very far in the Atlanta-area without re-charging....CONSTANTLY. Took the car into the dealer in October, and they have had it ever since. KIia Customer Care has been no help so far, but I am about to escalate. Their last words to me were that they would "reimburse me" for rental, but no loaners. I am just very frustrated. The replacement battery is authorized under warranty, and they told me it would be fully covered, but I am being told the shipment has not arrived. Makes no sense.
I’m sorry you’re going through that. You may be in for a very long wait from customer care. You could consult a lemon law lawyer to see if they can help.

I have learned escalated just means you have started a new cycle of nobody knows anything about your problems and no one cares to update you on anything going on.

Good luck, mine has been at the dealership since 21st of November 2023, My new case worker sent one canned response in a month.

Phone call said they located a battery for my car and was contacting the dealership, three days later found out it was a bold face lie as the dealership told me they were instructed to swap out the BMS unit and see if the car can be made to run again.

Best wishes everthing that can go wrong has, only 20,000 miles on the 2016 KIA Soul EV.

Phone call said they located a battery for my car and was contacting the dealership, three days later found out it was a bold face lie as the dealership told me they were instructed to swap out the BMS unit and see if the car can be made to run again..
This is similar to my experience. They did end up giving me my car back without the battery (that they said it would need). Just the BMS was updated. I have read that some of the returned cars went back to turtle mode already, so I’m afraid mine might too.

Back