How Are You Monitoring Kia Soul EV Charging Without UVO

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GangrelALPH

I’ve recently run into an issue with the UVO system on my older Soul EV due to Verizon’s 3G network shutdown. As some of you may already know, the UVO functionality relied on that 3G network, and now that it’s no longer available, I can’t monitor my charging progress remotely anymore, which is a big downside for me.

Before this happened, I’d use the UVO app to keep track of charging progress, check battery levels, and plan my day around it, but now I’m left without that convenience. It’s frustrating to lose such a key feature that made managing my EV so much easier. I’m sure others here are experiencing the same issue, so I’m hoping we can brainstorm some solutions.

Has anyone figured out a way to work around this? I’m curious if there’s any kind of alternative that can restore this functionality. Maybe there’s a third-party app or some sort of Bluetooth adapter that could connect directly to the car? Or perhaps someone’s tried hardware modifications to regain access to the charging data remotely?

I’ve heard some people mention OBD2 readers or other diagnostic tools that might help, but I’m not sure how reliable or user-friendly they are for regular day-to-day monitoring. If you’ve tested any of these or have other suggestions, I’d appreciate hearing about your experience. The more detailed, the better! if anyone has gone through this with the help of a dealer, feel free to chime in too. maybe there’s something on the service side we could look into. Losing remote access has definitely made things more challenging, so I’m hoping we can figure out a workaround. 😅

I’ve recently run into an issue with the UVO system on my older Soul EV due to Verizon’s 3G network shutdown. As some of you may already know, the UVO functionality relied on that 3G network, and now that it’s no longer available, I can’t monitor my charging progress remotely anymore, which is a big downside for me.

Before this happened, I’d use the UVO app to keep track of charging progress, check battery levels, and plan my day around it, but now I’m left without that convenience. It’s frustrating to lose such a key feature that made managing my EV so much easier. I’m sure others here are experiencing the same issue, so I’m hoping we can brainstorm some solutions.

Has anyone figured out a way to work around this? I’m curious if there’s any kind of alternative that can restore this functionality. Maybe there’s a third-party app or some sort of Bluetooth adapter that could connect directly to the car? Or perhaps someone’s tried hardware modifications to regain access to the charging data remotely?

I’ve heard some people mention OBD2 readers or other diagnostic tools that might help, but I’m not sure how reliable or user-friendly they are for regular day-to-day monitoring. If you’ve tested any of these or have other suggestions, I’d appreciate hearing about your experience. The more detailed, the better! if anyone has gone through this with the help of a dealer, feel free to chime in too. maybe there’s something on the service side we could look into. Losing remote access has definitely made things more challenging, so I’m hoping we can figure out a workaround. 😅
Ah, the joys of technology, right? It’s like your Soul EV just got a little older and forgot how to use its smartphone :D I wish I had a solution for you, but maybe it’s time to start charging your car like it’s a toddler right in front of you!

My Soul EV E never had UVO, so I used Torque Pro. You need the PIDs to program it, and have to manually set up the pages, but it gave me good info on the battery cells and charging stats. Unfortunately my car was broken into and the cheap Android I was using for it stolen. I'll have to program a new one, but honestly don't remember how.

Back