Stuck in Turtle Mode After a Safety Recall

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afrazier58

I recently had a safety recall on my 2016 Kia Soul EV, and now it’s stuck in turtle mode. It was running fine before the recall (no charging issues, no overheating, nothing!), and I’ve even replaced the battery twice already. I really can’t be without my wheels for much longer!

Has anyone else dealt with this? Any ideas on what’s going on? I’m super frustrated and could really use some help! Thanks.

Take it back to the dealer. After the recall, turtle mode is evidence of a safety issue in the traction battery. KIA should replace the traction battery foc, but it may take a little while - you should ask for a loan car. There are several threads on this topic here.

Take it back to the dealer. After the recall, turtle mode is evidence of a safety issue in the traction battery. KIA should replace the traction battery foc, but it may take a little while - you should ask for a loan car. There are several threads on this topic here.
Thanks for the advice! I’ll totally hit up the dealer. Didn’t even think about asking for a loaner car, hopefully they’ll have something available.

Back