Tires?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyhungryhippo

I have a 2019 Kia Soul EV and I am trying to buy new tires and I feel like the whole thing of searching for them and not knowing wether they are EV-compatible or not is very frustrating. Does anyone know of good tires? I also have the base model. Thank you so much!

I have a 2019 Kia Soul EV and I am trying to buy new tires and I feel like the whole thing of searching for them and not knowing wether they are EV-compatible or not is very frustrating. Does anyone know of good tires? I also have the base model. Thank you so much
We went with 205/60R-16 CONTINENTAL PURECONTACT LS SL on our '17 a couple of years ago; no noticeable range impact, though we were going through battery issues back then anyway. Better than the OEM Nexens in the wet, we think. We don't use them for winter driving (we're in the NE, so have winter wheels and tires) but that's not to say there'd be a problem.
They were $132 each from Tirerack.

We have had Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires on our 2018 Soul EV for the last 80,000 miles or so (On our second set). We live near seattle and the original Nexens were terrible in the rain. The cross climates are a highly rated tire you can read many reviews online but our experience is the wet traction when accelerating does decrease somewhat as they get older. As far as I know, all tires come with a rolling resistance rating so it’s fairly easy to compare that. If you live somewhere that you sometimes get snow, I would recommend the Michelin cross climates. If not, they are other probably other equally good choices.

I have always been a Michelin man. Back in the late 90's Michelin sent me a free set of Proxima RR tires for an electric Geo Metro that I had built. The day after I installed them my wife came home and said "those tires are amazing, the car rolls up hill now". We have used Michelin on all our EV's ever since. Her last EV before buying a Soul was a 99 Beetle for 7 years and it ran Michelin MXM4 tires. We just bought a 2021 Soul to replace our 2019 Soul and will be looking for tires and hope to find the lowest rolling resistant offering from Michelin.

Back