Book value on older models of other EV's

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Has anyone ever looked at these?

I only ask because it looks like the value of these have gone down HUGE. Even the leaf

I was thinking of getting a Mitsubishi I-Miev as I saw it for uber cheap. No fancy stuff but a DC charger is in it so that is good.
Then I was looking at the book value and it was even cheaper then what they were asking.

This was for a 2012 used, MSRP was 30k something, now it is down to about 7-8k

I am thinking it may not be a bad idea to get one (if I can get it for that cheap) till they come out with a 150-200 mile one.
It would have enough miles to get me to and from work without having to stop to charge or charge at work. I just wanted it for work travel anyway, but still would like to Soul EV.
And when a longer milage one comes I can have my daughter drive it for high school/around town. She's not driving yet, but for that cheap ....

My guess would be all of the crazy subsidies in California is driving down the resale values big time ... I looked briefly at the Ford Focus EV and abandon it because the US (California) discounts were around 50%+, with virtually no discount in Canada, so I concluded if they're going to give them away somewhere else, I shouldn't pay an excess premium to buy one here.

I know this topic is old. I've never considered a Mitsubishi i-MiEV, but your post makes it sound tempting! Great deal, and I agree, a longer range version would be awesome for the future. I really like listening to hörbücher in my favorite car, I wonder what it would be like to listen to audiobooks on the Mitsubishi i-MiEV :))

My guess would be all of the crazy subsidies in California is driving down the resale values big time ... I looked briefly at the Ford Focus EV and abandon it because the US (California) discounts were around 50%+, with virtually no discount in Canada, so I concluded if they're going to give them away somewhere else, I shouldn't pay an excess premium to buy one here.
There is at least one small business car dealers up here in Calgary that make a living importing used EVs out of California, Oregon, and Washington state and selling the here. If you're up for the adventure importing your own would be a good way to get a great deal on a used EV.

Cars sold originally in California do not have a battery heater. They will not work well in the Alberta winter. Be careful with these imports.
Also you will need to ship them back to the US to get warranty repairs done.
You'd be better buying one of the old Teo Taxis from Quebec.

Cars sold originally in California do not have a battery heater. They will not work well in the Alberta winter. Be careful with these imports.
Also you will need to ship them back to the US to get warranty repairs done.
You'd be better buying one of the old Teo Taxis from Quebec.
You are correct, you do need to be careful about the model features on any used EV you consider importing, and also the warranty.

BTW, my Soul EV is in fact an ex Teo Taxis from Quebec. :)

Back