My KIA Soul EV is making a weird motor noise

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jand_91

My Kia Soul EV has been great for my family since we got it, but recently, it’s been making this weird motor noise every time I park, open the door, or start charging. The noise can last up to 10 minutes at times.

The car's been at the dealership since last two weeks. They first thought it was a heater issue, so we waited a week for the part, but after replacing it, the noise was still there. Now they’re saying the transmission needs to be replaced, and they’ve opened a case with Kia. The dealer is waiting for Kia to give them the order number for the part.

Luckily, it’s all still under warranty. I’ve also contacted customer care because I need the car for work, but it’s been tough getting any clear answers. I’ve been calling daily, and they only approved a 10-day rental, which may not even be confirmed. I’ve already spent about $600 out of pocket on a rental.

This doesn't make sense.
If the car is parked and switched off only the 12V system is active.
The heater cannot be on when the car is switched off.
The transmission cannot run without the High Voltage being on.

The problem must be on the 12V system.
The most obvious culprit is the motor for the retractable side mirrors.

This doesn't make sense.
If the car is parked and switched off only the 12V system is active.
The heater cannot be on when the car is switched off.
The transmission cannot run without the High Voltage being on.

The problem must be on the 12V system.
The most obvious culprit is the motor for the retractable side mirrors.
Thanks for your input. I understand what you’re saying about the 12V system and how the heater shouldn’t be running when the car is off. I’ll definitely mention the retractable side mirrors to the dealership when I hear back from them.

Thanks for your input. I understand what you’re saying about the 12V system and how the heater shouldn’t be running when the car is off. I’ll definitely mention the retractable side mirrors to the dealership when I hear back from them.
Had that happen to my Sequoia, pulled the fuse. Cracked gear, found replacement on ebay.

Is the parking brake actuator on 12v?

Back