New to the forum

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Range

I have a 2018 Soul EV and went in for the recall and got the BMS update. I now have the EV warning light and turtle mode and car only charges to 80 percent. Any thoughts on how to get the SOH from the dealer on the battery and what kind of time are we looking at for a battery replacement. Was running perfect before this update. Any lawyers on this yet?

The likelihood is that your problem is caused by the BMS update. If it was not recent, be aware that a newer version has been made available, which has allegedly fixed the issue.

The SOH value is provided by the BMS. If you have the suspect BMS software, the SOH value may also be suspect, so I suggest you try to get the dealer to apply the latest update first.

For additional insight into getting an SOH reading, read TSB PS548.

The BMS update was last Thursday and problem started Saturday July 6. So after most recent update and no recalls active on car, not sure what to do. Going to dealer next Wednesday, will see where we end up at.

I'm not sure why you want an SOH update. If your car has failed the latest BMS update that means the battery should be replaced because it is a fire risk. Replacements for safety reasons are not restricted by the warranty limits. Also not sure why you want a lawyer at this stage. The main thing to do is insist they give you an EV loan car while your own car is waiting to be repaired.

That is what I wanted to hear. Tok out old paperwork and SOH was 100 percent 03/23. So it is a safety risk and 70 percent has nothing to do with needing replacement. Car is protecting itself as designed. Thanks!

Back