Seeking Diagnosis port / connector PINOUT

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjdel

Hello,
I have a service manual (I suspect not complete) but have been unable to find the PINOUT map for the DIAGNOSIS port/connector.
This is not the OBD II port in the cabin, rather it is the 20 pin connector located under the hood, on the driver's side, sort of in front of wheel well, but behind the headlamp.
Anyone have any insight?

Here's a copy of a post by SiLiZiUMM back in September 2015 on the original Soul Spy thread.

Sorry for the rather big image, this is pages 1-7 from the Data Link Details section of the ETM (electrical) manual from KiaTechInfo. You'll see how the different buses are connected (high-level). The PINOUT map you want is the one at the bottom.

ETM-DataLinkDetails1-7.png

@JejuSoul Do you know where I can access full wiring diagrams for the battery/power-train. I have seen a few mentions of a 72hour access subscription to a full service manual, however I am having a hard time locating the details.

Ultimately I am trying to access/read the CAN messages generated by the battery in isolation from the rest of the system, so I am looking for all battery pinouts, and where they lead so perhaps I can isolate and access them without removing the battery. I want to send the battery 12v on the proper pins to then be able to log the CAN messages from battery isolated from BMS.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT : Nevermind! I found it. https://www.kiatechinfo.com/

Last edited:
Back