The "Roller Skate" returns home.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidermonkey

So after 10 months of handwringing and shaking my fist at the sky and cursing my own bad luck I got the E-mail from Kia. "Come get your car" They completed the work as per the warranty, I ended up with a remanufactured battery and I am honestly okay with that. When I purchased the car the best it had to offer me was 92 miles, the replacement battery has a range of 113 miles. Funny story, I live 77 miles from the dealership, they charged the car to 80% with a range of 86 miles. Being skeptical I made the drive home without the AC. Made it home with enough left in the tank that I could have actually used the AC. I have charged it at home a few times now on a level two charger I have in the garage, come to find out having that welder circuit isnt just for welding. Everything seems to be as it should, I cant even articulate how much I missed having the car, I'm charging it right now and thanks to that 14kw solar array its costing me zero dollars.

Part of me feels a little silly for having been so upset over the whole fiasco, at the end of the day I wish Kia had communicated with me more, but that isnt really their job. I thought for sure that after sitting for ten months on the lot the car would have been full of mice, hell it might have been, but they did a fair job of detailing it before I picked it up. I cant say its been the best experience but I can say it hasnt been the worst. Talk to the fellas at John Deere if you want just flat blatant "we dont care, we have your money and if you want we can take some more of it." I asked the parts guy at the tractor store once "Well what does the warranty cover", before he could answer another customer at the counter said "Nothing". We laughed, the parts guy did not.

So the long and the short of it is, the car is back in service, everything seems to be working and I guess I should at the very least thank Kia for the educational experience. For those of you that are still waiting for your warranty work "Hold Fast" they will do right by you, eventually.

glad you got yours back! That must be a relief! I just sold mine yesterday finally, so here's to the end of stressing about cars for the time being!🍻

Back