Why my Kia soul 2018 12v battery dead some time when I am park the car and go to office and other things.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espen

I am instructed to know that what’s the basic problem with the Kia soul 12v battery.last year I have the new 12v battery and also take the same problem.I use car round 30 km every day and I have check all the settings on the screen,also check the car form expert Ev mechanics they find nothing,but the car stop every second or third day. I of the preheating system also check and off the function when I turn off the car,but I don’t know what’s the problem.please describe me what I am doing to get rid off form this situation.
Thanks.

Hi Espen,
!2V battery problems are common on all newer cars not just EVs because of the number of electrical systems within the car that are permanently on. For example the retractable side mirrors that will open as you approach the car. EVs suffer more than ICE vehicles because the 12V battery is less likely to be properly recharged during driving.

For diagnosing your particular issue you could try the Norwegian Soul EV forum. They have many threads discussing this issue for example - Tom for strøm (12v)

Or try reading through any of the many threads on this forum that deal with this issue. for example
12V battery in 2016 Kia Soul EV keeps dying

One thing you must not do is use any of the car's features (e.g. the radio) without being in the driving mode. By that I mean switching the car on without pressing the brake pedal. KIA calls this the accessory mode, but it uses the power of the 12V battery without recharging it. In the driving mode, the traction battery recharges the 12V battery.

If the problem persists after you have adopted that suggestion, you can consider plugging a solar panel recharger into the OBD socket when the car is parked in the open, with the panel on top of the dashboard. If that does not help, there is probably a fault in the car's wiring which is draining the battery.

If you keep the car in a garage, consider using a trickle charger instead.

My 2017 had a bad head unit (the main screen/radio). It didn't go to sleep like it was suppose to. So it would drain the battery. You can try pulling the fuse for it. See if that is what is causing your problem. But it is best determined with someone that knows electricity and can use a current meter. Then play musical fuses to find the circuit causing the excess drain.

Back