How do I turn off turtle mode?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jand_91

I just got the OBDLink XL, and it can reset modules, which is great I think, I used it to clear some error codes the other day, and it worked like a charm. But now I’m wondering, which module do I need to reset to turn off turtle mode? Any help would be appreciated.

The easiest way to turn off turtle mode is to stop the car. When you restart turtle mode is gone.
I appreciate it the tip. I didn’t realize that stopping and restarting the car would reset turtle mode. I’ll give that a try next time. If I run into any issues, I might reach out for more help.

You'll need to be more specific about the situation causing turtle mode to get a better answer.

For example if the car turtles while driving up a mountain this tip won't help you get to the top of the mountain.
The car will turtle again. It does help if you need to turn around and go back down.

Also I am talking about the situation where turtle mode occurs because the HV battery is nearly empty.
Kia added a second meaning to 'turtle mode' now called 'limp home' mode with the fire-recall update.

The BMS software was updated with new logic to enhance safety. Now, if a battery cell voltage fault occurs, the new BMS software will trigger the following actions:
1) Illuminate the EV warning light.
2) Limit the charge to 80%.
3) Reduce power to 'limp home' mode.
I had this version of 'turtle mode' for a couple of weeks earlier this year. See Feb 25, 2024 and Mar 5, 2024

Last edited:
Back