Private data info

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsoi12

I need help figuring out how to prevent my Soul from sending driving data. Is there any way to disable the security system? Like removing the SIM card?

The SIM card in your cellular network modem is non-removable. If you’re looking to disable it, you can check out Kia’s online service manual and schematics for some tips. However, keep in mind that this could mess with other stuff in your ride.

Anyway, what’s the reason behind wanting to turn off the security system?

I have two 2015 Soul EVs. One has a SIM card the other does not.
The difference is seen every time you start the car.

With a SIM card you get a UVO advert at startup, which will reappear every 30 days.
Clicking 'Later' makes it go away for a month.
Without a SIM card the 'Later' button doesn't work and you get this advert every time you start the car.

I have never accepted the 'free trial' so can't give details of what it does.

1728554974631.jpeg

Hi @Tsoi12, your car has a 3G modem that is obsolete and KIA refused to offer us upgrades. So no UVO remote features, and no data back to KIA of any kind.

The SIM card in your cellular network modem is non-removable. If you’re looking to disable it, you can check out Kia’s online service manual and schematics for some tips. However, keep in mind that this could mess with other stuff in your ride.

Anyway, what’s the reason behind wanting to turn off the security system?
I think the SIM card is a separate component that can be removed from the car, and I'm worried that someone might be able to see where I'm going and when I'm going there. I don't want that to happen.

You guys have a SIM card in your Soul EVs?

Did you know it has WiFi also? But I suppose it is available for 'engineering use' only.
I realised, when entering engineering mode.

Attachments

• 1729066768633.jpeg
    1729066768633.jpeg
    7.2 KB
Back